You are here
Welcome to Mountain States Medical Group.
We are here to help you with anything from making an appointment, preparing for your visit, answering your questions/concerns or looking for your medical record.
We encourage you to be fully informed about your health. Below, find suggested questions to ask your doctor. They may or may not relate to you, depending upon the disease or condition. You may download a pdf version of these questions here to take with you to your appointment.
About Your Symptoms or Diagnosis
- What is the disease or condition?
- How serious is my disease or condition and how will it affect my home and work life?
- What is the short-term and long-term prognosis for my disease or condition?
- What caused the disease or condition?
- Is there more than one disease or condition that could be causing my symptoms?
- Should I be tested for a certain disease or condition?
- What symptoms should I watch for?
- How can I be tested for a disease or condition, and what will these tests tell me?
- What tests will be involved in diagnosing my disease or condition?
- How safe and accurate are the tests?
- When will I know the test’s results?
- Will I need more medical tests?
- Do I need a follow-up visit and if so, when?
- Do I need to take precautions to avoid infecting others?
- How is the disease or condition treated?
About Your Treatment
- What are my treatment options?
- How long will the treatment take?
- What is the cost of the treatment?
- Which treatment is most common for my disease or condition?
- Is there a generic form of my treatment and is it as effective?
- What side effects can I expect?
- What risks and benefits are associated with the treatment?
- What would happen if I didn’t have any treatment?
- What would happen if I delay my treatment?
- Is there anything I should avoid during treatment
- What should I do if I have side effects?
- How will I know if the medication is working?
- What would I do if I miss a dose of medication?
- Will my job or lifestyle be affected?
- What is my short-term and long-term prognosis?
If You Need Surgery
- Why do I need surgery?
- What surgical procedure are you recommending?
- Is there more than one way of performing this surgery?
- Are there alternatives to surgery?
- How much will surgery cost?
- What are the benefits of having surgery?
- What are the risks of having surgery?
- What if I don’t have this surgery?
- Where can I get a second opinion?
- What kind of anesthesia will I need?
- How long will it take me to recover?
- What are your qualifications?
- How much experience do you have performing this surgery?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
*Sources: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; www.healthgrades.com/right-care/