Mountain States Medical Group Trauma Services is a team of skilled physicians who specialize in the surgical care of trauma patients.
Our service is based on state-of-the-art technology and techniques with the close assistance of other subspecialties.
We treat our patients with courtesy, respect, compassion and confidentiality.
Mountain States Medical Group Trauma and Emergency Surgery at Johnson City Medical Center provides specialized care to patients from throughout the region and outlying areas who need the expertise that can only be provided by a Level 1 Trauma Center. Our board-certified trauma surgeons and multidisciplinary specialist team direct patient care from the emergency department trauma bay through discharge and office follow-up.
- Penetrating injuries to the head, neck or torso (gunshot or knife wounds)
- Blunt injuries to the head, neck or chest (often from vehicle crashes)
- Vehicle rollover and ejection injuries
- Multiple bone fractures
- Injuries to the head, spine or vital organs
Some of the services we provide:
- Operative procedures for full spectrum of trauma injuries
- Emergent general surgical procedures
- Specialized surgical procedures
- Appendix surgery
- Hernia repair
- Elective general surgery
- Comprehensive critical care for surgical patients
|Mountain States Medical Group Orthopedic Trauma Services at Johnson City Medical Center provides expert orthopedic trauma care for common and complex fractures and dislocations for the Level 1 Trauma Center at JCMC, other local hospitals, and physicians for referrals and transfers. We provide premier service in the management of patients with multiple injuries in the surrounding Mountain States Health Alliance service area.
Our service is based on state-of-the-art technology and techniques for all fractures with close assistance of the Trauma/Emergency Surgery Service and other subspecialties (neurosurgery, plastic surgery and all orthopedic subspecialties).
We are actively involved in research studies for trauma and military-specific injuries, and we are currently working with East Tennessee State University to start an Orthopedic Residencyprogram in 2012.
Orthopedic Trauma Services specializes in:
- Fractures of the arms, hands, legs and joints
- Fractures of the pelvis and acetabulum
- Treatment and management of patients with multiple fractures, tendon and nerve injuries
- Sports injuries and reconstruction of shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand
- Complications of trauma such as:
- Osteomyelitis (infection of the bone)
- Non-union (unhealed fractures)
- Mal-union (healed fracture deformities)
Types of treatment:
- External fixation
- Casts, splints, slings and braces
- Walkers, crutches and canes
- Open Reduction Internal Fixation (ORIF)
- Rehabilitation services
- Rehabilitation physicians
- Physical and occupational therapy
Carol Jones, EMT-P , APN-BC,
Clinical Nurse Specialist, Trauma Program Manager 423-431-6831
Trauma Registrar 423-431-5686
Gina Conaway, RN
Trauma Research Coordinator and Performance Improvement Coordinator 423-431-6635
Trauma Registrar 423-431-5678
Department Secretary 423-431-6830